Male Evening Grosbeak

This is the male that came in with the female I posted a few days ago. He didn’t give me as flamboyant a pose as she did, but he probably thought his plumage made up for it.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony a6500, FE200-600 @ 600 mm, hand held (if I remember correctly), f/8, 1/1000, iso 800, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped from a horizontal to 3428 pixels wide, full height. Taken May 17th at 1:37 pm under cloudy skies.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Flamboyant pose or not, I would kill for such an image. Wonderful bird, techs are perfect ! Well done, Dennis ! Cheers, Hans

Very nice. Evening grosbeaks are so regal. Everything looks good from here, although there looks to be something faint right behind the nape of the bird’s neck. Only suggestion is to consider allowing a bit more room on the bottom so that it’s more of a vertical.

Lovely image. Lots of detail and well exposed. I like that f/8. I am not sure how much more dof it added but it must have added something. Well done on the colors and that is an impressive beak.

The background colors work perfectly with the grosbeak. Again, great detail, especially hand held. You captured the colors quite well in the grosbeak. A tiny nit for such a fine photo, but for my taste the perch is too vertical.

Excellent color detail and pose. I might consider cloning the way the stick coming out of the birds head but that’s what he gave you. I’m still waiting for you to send these up to my neighborhood! I have Black Headed Grosbeak’s but this year, they are a nemesis bird.