Evening Grosbeak Male

Showed up near my feeders, grabbed the camera, opened the window, took a few shots, and it was gone. The female was there at the same time. Haven’t seen them since.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:iso 2500, 500pf plus 1.4X, f8, 1250th, handheld, no flash, D500, minimal processing, no extra sharpening, 60% full frame

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Beautiful photo David. Great detail and the colors of the bird and background work so well together. Truly wonderful capture.

Hi David, wow you got close! Terrific detail, colors, background. Love the eye. No nits from me.

Fantastic portrait of this bird, David. Great background and light to showcase him.

A very nice portrait, David. Superb detail as always. That background really works with the grosbeak’s beak color. I do think a bit more room on the right would make this even better.