Fall 2020 Yakima River Canyon

Hillside at sunrise . not sure if this is in proper category. Because of railroad track and fence posts, I thought it should be here.

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7DII; 100/400 at 321; 400 ISO; cloudy in camera setting; spot; f 6.3; 1/400th.

This is cool in that it took me quite a while to get my mind around what I was looking at. Nice one.

1 Like

Harley, Thank you for the comment. I liked the color so snapped it. It wasn’t until I had a while to look at it that I saw more than just the color.

Beautiful image, Jim! This is one that draws you in, and after you figured it out a bit more (specifically the water reflections), your eyes still wander the image. Love the composition, lines, patterns and colors.
I did a very quick adit with radial filters; the first one towards the bottom third, to overall lighten everything below the tracks to emphasize the grass and those great reflections. The other a vignette to tone down the mountain slope just a little, so your eye is drawn more to the center and bottom of the image. A tiny bit of bringing up the red as well as green luminance emphasizes the grass and those wonderful red trees/bushes.
This is an image I can get lost in for a bit. Nice work!

I like the contrasts in tonality and color. My only thought is to maybe add a vignette, especially to the ULC.

J Fritz and Tony, Thank you. I like both suggestions. Tony, I never would have thought about a vignette until you mentioned it. One of the wonderful aspects of NPN.