Rail at Sunset

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A portion of the rr track running through the Yakima River Canyon.

Specific Feedback

Anything.

Technical Details

7DII; 100/400 @241 (362); 8.0; (1/8000th!; 1600 ISO forgot to change these settings from earlier); WB: cloudy; exp. comp. -2.

4 Likes

OMG! This is one where you won’t hear me whining for a touch more BG detail!! You have a fascinating capture that glows against a BG that is dark and featureless but doesn’t look crushed due to its subtle texture. The tracks have so much wonderful detail and that highlight in the center is the perfect touch!! Well done!!!

1 Like

What a gorgeous composition, Jim. This is just beautiful. The glow of the tracks against that dark background with just enough light to pick out the details of the road bed is perfect. I love it!

@Diane_Miller @Dennis_Plank Wow. Thanks for the very nice comments.

Wow! I so love this. A beautiful and simple shot, yet it leaves quite the impact.

A perfect shot to dust your monitor with! Seriously, a great composition with everything in focus, and a cool evening glow. Bravo!

Jim, this is absolutely stunning. Everything about this image is perfect. I think it would look great as a really big print. Well seen.

Thank you everyone for your much appreciated comments.

@Jim_Gavin this has a real snaky feel to it. I love the ribbing of the crossties and the S curve is perfect. Cool!

@Ed_Williams Thank you.

Jim,
So simple but so amazing. A really nice shot. The curves are just right and i think the variation in light and color along the track really makes it as well.

Thank you so much for the editor’s pick.

Beautifully simplistic. I love everything about this. So very, very creative. I really think this is a wall hanger art piece, Jim. Well conceived and executed.

David, Thank you.

1 Like

Beautiful composition and well executed. Sensuous and flowing. I love it.

@ed15 Thank you.

Agree with all the comments above. This is a spectacular image, one I would refer to as “Stunning simplicity”. Well seen and done, Jim!!!

@J_Fritz_Rumpf Thank you.

1 Like

Lost for superlatives … Brilliant!

@Saundie Thank you.