Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This image was captured recently from a weekend stay at Ohio Pyle SP in PA. It had rained the night before so the water was rolling pretty good in the Meadow Run area. The sun was beginning to crest the hillside and spread some soft light in the BG trees. I was a little apprehensive setting up the tripod and camera next to the water, but this was the vantage point I was going after, so you do what you have to do. :grinning:

Specific Feedback

Overall I am pleased with the image, but if you notice anything please feel free to let me know your thoughts.I am contemplating darkening the dry areas on the rock face on the left side some more. What do you think? I always appreciate everyone’s C&C.

Technical Details

Nikon Z7, Nikon 14-30 @ 20mm, f 14 @ 1/5 sec, ISO 400, Kase magnetic CPL, tripod and cable release

3 Likes

Ed, I like the viewpoint in your image. And it shows for me the beauty of nature. Because I know no waterfalls overhere to me it’s a special image. No nits on my part. But enjoying the flow of the water. There should be sound.
Ben

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the kind words @Ben_van_der_Sande. I always appreciate your taking a moment to leave your thoughts. I like your idea of there should be sound.

I think that this is excellent and no nits from me either. The image has a great sense of movement and a very calming feel. One can help but feel cooled off and relaxed after viewing your image.

1 Like

Love this image. I feel as tho I would feel if I were rafting in the water. The top part is calming and relaxing to me, but as I get to the foreground, I find myself tensing up, preparing for the swift ride. Wonderful image! Love the movement.

1 Like

Thanks @Tom_Nevesely and @Judi_Hastings; glad you both enjoyed the image. The water runs through here very quickly and does have a nice sense of movement. In fact that is what drew to to this scene. I ran out of time to explore further, but maybe next time. :grinning:

Love this image, Ed. The warmth and the glow in URC draw me through the scene. I love that @Ben_van_der_Sande said that there should be sound for this image. I agree Ben! I would definitely burn the lighter dry rocks on the left shore as it’s the first thing that pulled my eyes and that’s saying something since you have that nice leading line of the stream and warm glow of the far foliage. I can’t think of any other things that need attention. Makes me want to just sit on the shoreline and take in the sound of rushing water.

1 Like

Great shot, Ed. Excellent composition and the title of your image is spot on and very descriptive. The greens are superb!

1 Like

Thanks for your thoughts @David_Haynes and @Michael_Lowe. Glad you guys enjoyed the image.
@David_Haynes : I will try to burn those areas down a little more.