Fall 4

Image Description

This ICM bottom 1/3 is a reflection.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

• Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

On that day the colors seemed to meld together and I thought ICM would convey that. I am growing to really enjoy the artistic freedom of ICM both in capture and processing.

Technical Details

70 mm f/22 0.6 sec iso 50

2 Likes

Hi Mario,
this looks like an abstract painting. I’m not an ICM professional but I really like your result.
That must have been a beautiful explosion of color.
Well done!

Mario,

Wonderful! I agree with Jens about looking like a painting. In fact, I would go a step further and describe as Impressionistic. I kinda see this as a close-up detail from a large canvas print.

I wouldn’t know the bottom was a reflection, but it doesn’t matter because I’m really enjoying the combo effect with the ICM. Very cool.

Personal preference of course, but to me, I would consider cropping down from the top to eliminnate the blues in the UR and UL corners. Cropping to eliminate the blues in the UR, will still leave traces of blue thru the trees in the UL, but no biggie. I just think they draw the eye to the corners when we should spend the time exploring the painterly effects.

Love this! Great job with the ICM.

Lon

1 Like

Mario, your image has a wonderful impressionistic quality. I would not have guessed the bottom was a reflection. I love the Autumn colors and the strong vertical lines from the trees. I too would suggest cropping off the bits of sky up top. Excellent ICM image!

1 Like

A really great ICM with an impressionisitic feel. The color are very good, but one idea could be to have the tree trunks a tad whiter? I agree with others to crop out the sky (or maybe even better to clone out the sky since the top of the trees are rather beautiful). Or maybe make the sky dark to match the darkness of the reflections at the bottom of the image? Here is a quick and dirty example.

1 Like

Thank you @Lon_Overacker @Jens_Ober @Ola_Jovall @Alfredo_Mora for your comments. I think the crop for sky will work. Thanks

Hi Mario! Beautiful ICM. The bottom reflection was the first thing that drew my eye to your image. I think that’s a really neat idea to do that with a reflection that can already have a dreamy look to it anyway. Really well done!