Fall Abstract + Rework

I was attracted to the contrast of the leafless brush structure amidst the color palette surrounding .

Specific Feedback Requested

Composition and processing

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
105mm f/11 1/5sec iso 100

1 Like

I like the gray against the colors. The larger image is the best to view this. I do think it might be a touch over sharpened? Or maybe it’s the JPG compression.

The colors are nice and make a great counterpoint to the grays.

Yes, this my preferred way of capturing nature. Natures chaos is captured yet the photographer show designs and order within. Lessons from Eliot Porter that are as valuable today as they were over half a century ago when he first introduced this way of seeing. Great image. Looks simple but not many can pull this off well. I wouldn’t cal this an abstract though. Good balance of color here as well. Well, those lime greens are starting to call for attention. You could probably do more with color if you wanted to. Bring out the browns and oranges. The colors are not that strong. Which is fine but there are alternatives.

Thank you @David_Bostock @Igor_Doncov for your comments and suggestions.
Here is a rework with color adjustments. I was cautious with the color/HSL sliders initially. I think this version is stronger and more pleasing to view.

Rework

A really nice image with the contrast between gray and colors. I also like the chaos that is counteracted by your choice of framing making it a pleasent image/cut-out of the nature. I like your original posting best with its a little bit more quit colors.