Fall 1

I was attracted to the layers and color palette here but I am not sure the composition works.

Specific Feedback Requested

Composition. Do the bare branches take away or does it add welcome texture?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
200mm f/11 1/6sec iso 100

1 Like

I would be interested to know what lens and brand you used for this image.

I think the bare branches are a good addition. I do find the lower half of the image more interesting than the upper half and I think that may be due to a sense of crowding up top. That’s really the only suggestion on improving this image. Otherwise it’s a fine image. Certainly better than my attempts last night with similar type of compositions.

I’d also love to see the top edge of the upper trees arc across the frame, but maybe nature had other ideas and you’re letting us just imagine it. The layers of color are wonderful and the vegetation is quite interesting.

Thanks for the comments Igor. The lens was a Sony70-200 F4.
I had actually cropped some off the top because I thought it was distracting. I wonder if this version is simpler and therefore stronger taking away the overcrowded nature at the top.

Not for me, although the FG is lovely. I wonder if more canvas on top with some local burning would be interesting?

1 Like

Thanks Diane. Ill try adding canvas and content aware fill on it.

Real nice color and scene. I am liking the uncropped repost, as I find the composition more balanced to my eye.

A really nice image, Mario. I lean towards the suggestion given by @Diane_Miller to include more at the top to get that yellow arc.

I’m with Harley on liking the original post the best. Since you have the green tree so off-center to the left, i think you need the URC the way it is originally presented to provide balance to the composition. If the green tree was composed in the center of the image, then I think you could show the top cropped the way you have in the rework.

With that said, the foreground and mid-ground have a wonderful mix of colors and textures.