Fall colors and sparrow

Overall sharpness, this is a large crop, but I have changed how I resize.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Composition and colors

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

EOS R6, 800mm F-11, IS STM, 1/400 F-11 ISO 2000

CI6A0132V1

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi John. The bird looks pretty good, and I really like the size of perch and the V it’s making. But this is another photo that doesn’t enlarge when I click on it, so I can’t comment much on ultimate image quality. I like the fall colors in theory, but in practice, the bright leaves are a little too in focus for me here. Happy to answer any questions I can about resizing.

A very nice environmental shot. Nice pose and nice framing of the bird, a sparrow I believe. One more yellow leaf to fill the gap just left of bird would have been great and too much to ask for. One processing suggestion would be to clone out the three or so circular highlights just above bird and one in lower left. The sharpness of bird is hard to tell without a larger image to view. Focus at this size looks all right.

John, As presented focus is fine with me. However, as I enlarge it, some sharpness is lost starting at about 150%.