Old World House Sparrow

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Overall quality of image

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

How well does the composition work.

Any pertinent technical details:

This was a test show using the Canon EOS R and the Tamron 18-400mm. Found that this Tamron lens did not cover the entire full frame.
@ 400mm 1/640 @ F-6.3 ISO 800 HH

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

John:

Composition is OK for me. The large wood fence (or whatever it is) is not ideal, but not a deal breaker either.

Use the leaf as a backdrop for the sparrow works OK, but look at the two spots I’ve highlighted. Those are huge eye grabbing spots in really awkward places. Simple to fix, but those are the kinds of things that you have to see when processing.

The composition looks fine to me, John. I like the leaves a lot. If you’re looking for feedback on the lens, the image quality looks quite good and I like the bokeh. The out of focus background elements look nice and creamy. I agree with Keith about the two white spots and you might look at subduing the light colored vertical streak in the lower right area.

Hi John,

The 2 light spots can be easily removed. It looks like your lens will work for you. You may want to experiment with slightly increasing the micro-contrast to bring out the feather details better…Jim