American Tree Sparrow

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below. Canon 5ds-r, f10, 1/800 sec., iso 800, 100x400 lens with 1.4x at 560 ft.

Hi,

This is a very nice picture of a chipping sparrow. American tree sparrows have a rusty eye stripe, yellow lower mandible, and a black spot on the chest. You controlled the harsh lighting very well and the highlights are bright but not blown…Jim

A nice shot of the Chipping Sparrow, John. Detail looks good and I like the perch and composition. I think I’d come down just a bit on the exposure of the bird. While they’re pretty light colored, this feels just a bit too bright for my taste.

I like the composition of this one: nice perch and the way the bird is situated on it; all against a good background.

Thanks Allen, I appreciate your views. Even the regular sparrow has beauty. I’m posting another view of the same bird with some branches removed.
Wayne