Chipping Sparrow

Photo was taken last summer at Green Lake PP.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
7DII, 500mm, f/4, 1/640, ISO 400. Photo is cropped to 77% of full size. A vertical branch was removed just to left of bird in photo and a dark blotch was removed TRC.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Hi David, a real cutie that you captured very well. The bird looks quite nice - nice details and color in soft light. Love the rusty caps on these birds. Really great to get one off the ground on a nice perch. Pleasing background. Well done.

Nice pose and I like the diagonal perch. The rufous cap works well against the green background and the bird shows nice detail.

Superb pose, composition, eye contact, plumage detail, and background. The diagonal perch works well.

All said above. The BG is gorgeous!! It may just be me but it feels like the bird is leaning to the left a little. Maybe a slight CW rotation?

Beautiful detail in the Chipping Sparrow, David. One of my favorite sparrows to photograph. I like the background and pose, but I think I agree with Diane that the bird feels a bit unbalanced and a touch of CW rotation would fix it.

Thanks everyone. And thanks for mentioning the lean. I fixed it up.