Song Sparrow

The sparrow was centered in frame when I took shot. So I cropped including foreground grasses rather than out of focus bg. I felt grasses framed bird a bit better.

7DII, 700mm, f/6.3, 1/160, ISO 400

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Any

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I like what you’ve done with the crop and positioning of the bird. Nice environment for this little bird.

Very nice, David. I like the framing of the bird and the grasses are a wonderful environment for this bird. My only nit is that you might try toning down the bright grass stem in the lower left as it does tend to pull my eye quite a bit.

I like how it’s perched on the grass and seeing it in its environment. I like how you’ve composed this.

Nicely done David - exposure, sharpness, framing with the sharper and background grass blades and of course, the environmental story

Nice, in habitat, shot of this small warbler. All well executed. Cheers, Hans

Bird is good and sharp, and I like the environment you included. I agree with Dennis about the brighter stalks in the background. I’d also desaturate that green weed on the left side of the frame. It also pulls my eye.

Pleasing environmental image of the song sparrow in the grasses. I agree with Dennis that toning down some of the brighter highlighted grasses would be beneficial. There’s a tiny piece of grass in the upper left corner that could be cloned away.

Thanks Every one for the comments and suggestions. They are very much appreciated. Dave