Savannah Sparrow

There are a lot of aspects of this image which I like but some of the BG is a little distracting.

What technical feedback would you like if any? This stack was done in camera rather than Control My Nikon software.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 100, 400 the 2X, f5.6, 1600th, A7R4, 80% full frame, handheld

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

The background colors work well with the sparrow and shows the environment. The sparrow definitely stands out from the background (perhaps a bit too much) and shows good detail and a nice pose.

Hi David
I agree with Allen’s comments. The color and framing are very nice. I think downing sparrow will also help out the back-ground.
Peter

Nice shot of the sparrow David. And good to see that sparrow is on the front side of stem as they often seem to prefer the stem between them and the camera. Nice and sharp and a nice pose. If bg is a bit bothersome you might consider toning down some of the highlights in bg. A very nice environmental shot.

Wonderful sharpness and detail – the bird stands out well. But I’m one who can never leave well enough alone. I’d remove the brighter stem in the LR corner and do some partial opacity cloning to tone down the hilight on the large cattail. There is so much visual weight in the lower left half that I’d consider a crop from the left, to halfway to the bird’s beak.