Song Sparrow

I liked this for the background; not so sure about the foreground, though.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm; 1/1000 at f8; +1/3 EV; ISO 400

1 Like

Hi Allen! I really like this image. As you said, the background is very nice, but I also like the foreground. To me it completes the story - the grass shows both scale and habitat, and the colors work perfectly with the rest of the image. Very well done!

1 Like

I like both the fore and background soft feel Allen. For me, at least, the softness help to focus on the bird. Nicely done.

1 Like

Lovely environmental image. The grasses and the color palette work together with the sparrow really well. Really enjoying these images that show the environment and the context!!

1 Like

I can only echo the above, both the background and the foreground have their function in this image. Well done ! Hans

1 Like

I also echo the above, Allen. A vey pleasant image. Well done.

1 Like

Hi Allen
I agree with all the above comment and would only add this photograph belong in a bird book.
Nice work.
Peter

1 Like

I like the loose crop and the environment also. If I were going to suggest anything, it’d be to crop up from the bottom about halfway through the green vegetation. As an aside, I’ve been trying, and failing miserably, to get some decent shots of sparrows over here. Good job!

Nice capture Allen - I like this shot showing the habitat and the composition works for me just fine. Pleasing smooth background and the foreground is another point of interest IMO.

1 Like

Nice capture! Good comments above, but for me, I find the BG a little monotonous in that there is so much of it. Some crop from the top and left could enhance the bird and still preserve the very nice environment.

Very nice image @Allen_Brooks. I like the foreground as it helps to complete the story, for me anyways. There might be a tad too much background above the birds head if I had to nit, maybe a 4x5 crop would help with that. Lovely photo as is though.

1 Like

Allen, I keep running across this image and must congratulate you on its simplicity and how much environment helps this image. . .good reminder to me.
Wayne

1 Like