Fall falls

Critique Style Requested: In-depth

The photographer has shared comprehensive information about their intent and creative vision for this image. Please examine the details and offer feedback on how they can most effectively realize their vision.

Self Critique

This image was from a trip to New Hampshire this fall. Sometimes when I like one of my images I tend to be blinded to some of the compositional problems or image processing techniques that an unbiased eye might see. I loved this spot from the minute I saw it and had so much fun watching it come to life during the processing stage.

Creative direction

As I have stated before I tend to gravitate toward darker images that convey a the sense that you have stumbled upon a hidden spot rarely seen by others.

Specific Feedback

All feedback welcome. Im always interested what people would do with the shutter speed if they were shooting this scene.

Technical Details

Canon R5 24-70 mm f/2.8
0.8 sec at f/11, ISO 100

Description

I envisioned a trip from Wis to New Hampshire which would showcase the beautiful fall colors. As is often the case my time was not as planned. Very muted colors this year. Weather was cool in Oct. with nearly constant drizzle while I was there. The paths were very muddy and slick. Finally reaching this site was my final reward.

1 Like

John, a beautiful image and I can see why you enjoyed the photographic experience. I too tend to like darker images. If any I would darken your foreground rocks a bit. Thanks for sharing

Pat. Thanks for the feedback. I liked your suggestion.

Hi John! This is a beautiful scene. I like your composition and the darker presentation. I also enjoy the bits of color throughout the image - plenty of nice details allowing my eyes to roam through the image. With the darker presentation, I suggest toning down the brightness of the water just a bit. I think that would make this lovely photo a little stronger. Well done!

1 Like