Fall Hallow Falls

Since I suggested trees as a possibility in my challenge description, I felt compelled to find something other than trees for a post. That led me to this 2018 view of Fall Hallow Falls, along the Natchez Trace Parkway in Tennessee, where the falling water streaks make near vertical, parallel lines and the flat lying Limestone layers make horizontal parallel lines. (5D3, 24-105 @ 31, 1/10 s, f/10, iso 200, tripod)

I’m a sucker for any waterfall, Mark and this one is gorgeous. The falling water always stirs me, but seeing how the water carves out the rock is almost as captivating. Nicely done.

Waterfall is beautifully captured, Mark. But what caught my attention was the shadows of the trees on the rocks. They have so much character and detail in them. Very nicely seen and captured.

This is a lovely waterfall, Mark. Without your description I would have mistaken the shadows as trees rather than water. I like the highlights in the water as well as the visual tension created with the horizontal striations in the rock as they intersect with those of the shadows. Beautifully done.