Fall Pastels

Fall Pastels

Enjoyed the special coloring of the reflections in the water. Felt the leaves anchored the scene.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Taken with Canon SX50, F6.5, 1/160 sec., ISO 800

2 Likes

Absolutely wonderful reflections with gorgeous color! I like the contrast of the pale leaves.

There are some very noticeable processing artifacts on the edges of the waves – possibly from over-sharpening or NR or both. It should be possible to re-process without these. “Sharpening” is done by introducing artifacts and is meant to be at a very fine level where they are not noticeable. If more punch is desired, this might be a good candidate for a pseudo-sharpening technique such as the high-pass filter method, or simply Clarity in raw conversion.

This is great, Patricia. The curved reflections in red and yellow lead into (or away from) the two leaves very well. The ripple structure in the water stands out well also.

This is a very cool find, Patricia. I particularly like the ripples spreading out across the frame along with those gorgeous autumn colors. The leaves are also a nice touch. Did you happen to capture any images without the leaves? I ask because I could see that working as well.

Wonderful image! The colors and wave patterns are great. Yes, the leaves add to the quality of the images as I see it.