Fall ripples

Sometime the best of fall foliage is under water! I tend to not use a filter as I love adding the reflections from the water’s surface to the patterns, even if that might leave the colors a bit subdued. Always fun to work on a stream like this.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Sony 6000, 1/160, f/9.0, 130mm, ISO1600, adjustments to tone curves in LR

2 Likes

Very creative image; love the way the dramatic patterns give way to the stunning colors!

Oh, I love, love, love this! The interplay between things under water and the reflections and ripples on top is always fascinating. I especially like the way you framed the larger, curved “waves” into the frame. Well done.

Nice catch John! You have a way of finding these little corners of nature and executing such interesting compositions with them. The little ripples or waves seem to be pushing the color out of the leaves, which I suppose it does in the end. I like the bits of sky reflected as well. Pretty sweet.

A really nice image. Agree fully that submerged autumn leaves are great possibilities. I like a lot your approch to not reduce the reflections by a pol filter, it actually adds alot to the image. Something that I have to try out myself.