Fall Reflections on the Lily Pond

Early morning on a small pond in a Maryland wildlife refuge. Still wind after a light night rain.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback welcome.

Technical Details

Olympus 40-150 at 150mm. ISO 200, f6.3, 1/320 sec. hand held.

3 Likes

what an awesome shot Bill! Colors on the water are beautiful. I like the way the droplets on the pads interact with the water.

I agree! I love the colors and textures here. I don’t know if I would maybe crop the top right lily off?

Thank you Cameron. I appreciate your specific feedback. Bill

This is one of those images I’ve always wanted to create, but have never been successful. This one works quite well. I do like @Martha_Montiel’s suggestion of cropping off the top right leaf. This, to me, leaves the rest as a very cohesive collection. Well done.

1 Like

Thank you Martha. I debated about cropping that lily pad in the upper right. I’ll do some more experimenting and see how I like it. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill,

Nice scene, the big empty space in the top left corner just bothers me. I would crop in a bit to exclude that as well as the bottom two on the bottom edge of the frame, feels a little crowded down there. You can also cool off the white balance a bit and shift it a little more green. I think cloning out the black spots looks nice as well (my version doesn’t look great since I am working with a low res JPEG). You can also raise the white point a little bit to enhance that juicy reflected light and darken the midtones a little for some additional contrast and punch.

Hope this is helpful!

Your friend,
Eric

Eric, Thank you for taking the time to give me some really detailed feedback. Very helpful. Thanks, Bill