Is this a composite: No
Canon 80D
Tripod/Cable Release
ISO 100
Lens 18-200
Aperture Priority
1/50 Sec.

1 Like

This is such a beautiful scene Terry. I wish I was there! I’m just a little bothered by the darker green tree being cut off at the top. Do you have any more room up there?

1 Like

The trees and the mid-ground grasses above the river are a great subject for this dreamy, painterly approach. The mix of delicate yellow and green colors in the trees fit nicely with this impressionistic concept. and the yellow bush on the left adds a nice framing element to the composition.

I really like what is going on in the top half of the images, in the trees and grasses, but I think the bottom half of the image is not as strong as the top. I tried a crop just below the waterline, that did not really work for me. I think it’s the brightness of the bottom half that pulls my eye away from all the goodness in the top half. so rather than cropping, i tried a rework where I darkened the area below the waterline. For me this helps keep more attention on the top half of the image.

1 Like

This image has that Hallmark Card look to me. I imagine it was processed with that Orton effect? I quite like it. The composition is good and I think you’re successfully conveying the look you’re after. For the grasses at the bottom I would just darken them a bit.It’s one of the brightest areas and it’s at the edge of the frame. Some of the greens along the river edge may have a bit too much cyan. You could shift them to a bit more yellow.

1 Like

Great relaxing scenic, Terry. Well seen. As others have said, that lower right area could use a bit of darkening. The rest is perfect.

1 Like

Very pleasing I like the soft haze of greenery around the pond and the reflected light off the lily pads.

1 Like