Adirondack morning

This is from a trip to the Adirondacks this fall. Rain had just stopped for a few hours and it was overcast. The row of trees along this end of the lake was breathtaking.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Is there enough going on to make this an interesting image?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Comp and color, anything else to improve it.

Any pertinent technical details:

1 image processed in LR.
Canon 5dM3, ISO100, f/18, 105mm, 1/6 sec.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Kathy, this is a beauty! I love this layer cake and particularly the amount of foreground grass you included. The cool water in the grass really plays well against the warm fall colors. The left side of the tree line has less haze and is a bit more vibrant, not sure if it was natural or intentional? But that is a nit pick… really nice work!

Kathy,

This is beautifully outstanding! Love this! I love the portions you created in the framing of this image. Clearly you wanted to make a statement on the water, reed, reflection, etc., yet that tiny strip of autumn glory balances and helps complete this image. Awesome, great work!

Alan touches on my observation as well. Either from mist/haze or processing, but there is a slight difference in contrast in that line of trees. I’m guessing the atmosphere was hazy/misty so not sure I would add contrast or not, but the very small suggestion would be to even that out side to side in the line of trees? no biggie as I’m thoroughly enjoying this autumn scene.

Lon

As Alan said, this is a delicious layer cake indeed. Kathy, I like that you chose to only to show a small sliver of the fall color on the shoreline, it says autumn without the color overwhelming all of the subtle goodness in the reeds and water. The composition and processing looks great to me as presented, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Superb image, Kathy. Wonderfully composed and beautiful mix of colors. Processing looks spot-on to me. I can’t think of any way to improve.

Half abstract, half landscape, very nice on both.

Great vision and composition. I could look at this for a long time and not get tired. It’s artistic. There’s a great sense of peace here with the reeds and fairly unsaturated colors. Great work as usual. The difference in color saturation doesn’t really bother me.