Fall Squirrel

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I managed to snag this backlit shot of a backyard Gray Squirrel yesterday stealing one of my acorns. D500, Nikon 2-500 lens, 1.4 TC, gimbal head/monopod, 1/800th, f 8.0, 330mm, ISO 2200, AI Clear, cropped to 4192 x 3058

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A very unique capture and especially like the lighting on the tail and leaves. BG is a little busy, but the squirrel steals the show…Jim

It is brilliant and technically solid ! Love the back lit Squirrel. great pose, bushy tail and the yellow color in the leaves.

PS. I think this belong to Human & Fauna category.

Real nice image of a squirrely little fella.

Superb detail, Dave, and excellent handling of the back light. A very nice image.

A very nice capture of this squirrel, Dave. I just love that back lighting and how it rims around him and is hitting his tail.

The lighting makes this, Dave - beautifully handled to bring out the colours and the detail. I might be tempted to lose the feature ( fence ? ) to the L but that’s a matter of personal preference.