Gray Squirrel at Attention

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any/All

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any/All

Pertinent technical details or techniques: I was out back shooting turkeys yesterday when this curious squirrel came scampering up wondering what I was doing. I shot him when he had a question mark floating over his head. D500, Nikon 2-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, 1/50th, f/8.0, ISO 450, 350mm, Cropped to 3339 x 3468, hand held, AI Clear

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Dave, a wonderful look at this guy. I’m sure there could be an easy dozen captions that go along with this guys stance. A really fun take here…:+1:

I was thinking just what Paul said, before read his comment.
this would be a great subject for a caption contest.
You sure have some cooperative squirrels wherever you are!
Great pose, bright eyes, and a decent BG.
sandy

Curious subjects make interesting pictures and I can see the question mark in the expressions, you mentioned. :sunglasses:
Great pose and like the standing ovation for your camera !

I don’t know if this is the same backyard squirrel but not long ago I heard some faint, tinkling music in the backyard and, when I investigated, here’s where it was coming from. Imagine my surprise…

1 Like

Very nice, Dave. Excellent detail. I think you could crop in from both sides to a more vertical format on this one given the front-on posture.

I like your camera/lens combination as I have used it in the past. With good light like you had it works well. You made a subject most of us pass by look interesting. Great capture. I would consider getting rid of the bit of tree on the left but that is a minor nit. Thanks for sharing.