Female Northern Harrier

This lady has been hunting our back field pretty frequently of late and she must have gotten something this time because she sat well for me on this bird box post.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 524 mm, hand held, f/9, 1/800, iso 3200, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 3622x2524 (I was close enough to more than fill the frame, but had zoomed out in anticipation of her taking off. I still clipped her wings when she did so.) Taken at 3:58 PM on November 10th under overcast skies.

1 Like

Nice shot of this one, Dennis with the classic one-leg-up pose. She’s a beauty on a nice perch and bg.

Dennis, what a fine look at her. The overcast skies gave you some nice even light, and she gave you a wonderful pose, with that one foot up, and the slight head turn. The BG is just smooth enough to make her stand out nicely. Excellent shot!

Nice sharp shot of this beauty. Like others, I like this pose and the background blends in well. Thanks for posting a bird I have never seen.

She looks like a FORCE! I love her. A portrait of energy and intent under control.

Gorgeous bird, Dennis. Excellent.

Hi Dennis
This is another photograph, were every thing bring the view up to the Northern Harrier eyes, from there you gather in the beauty o f the Harrier feather coloring and the one legged stands.
Peter