Female Harrier

Sorry I haven’t posted in a while. This was taken the same day as the post of the landing goose. I spotted this harrier on a berm just the other side of one of the canals on the refuge and she gave me a lot of nice poses. This was the end of a really nice shake and ruffle and was unfortunately the only one of that action where she gave me a head turn.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 507 mm, beanbag in car window, f/9, 1/1600, iso 1250, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 4200x3096. Taken at 2:23 PM on February 12th.

Great shot of a beautiful bird. The dark grass blade on right and a couple out of focus blades do distract a little.

Dennis, you were missed. Hope to see more of your great shots, like this one. That head turn was a nice pose for you. Wonderful details in his feathers as well.

Good to see you back posting, Dennis. Hope all is well. Very nice look at the harrier; pops nicely against the background and I like the green foreground. You did get a nice head turn.

Great behavior shot, Dennis. Nicely caught.

Really excellent pose, head turn, and environment. Phenomenal detail.

Gorgeous and unusual shot! I’ve never seen one on the ground in the open. Wonderful look at the eye.