Harrier on a Perch

This is the Harrier from my recent flight shot. She landed on my path. After several slow moves and stops she realized I was getting close. After this pose she turned and gave me nice side looks. Unfortunately part of her tail was behind the driftwood stump.

Description:

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? No
R5, 500mm, f/4, 1/640, ISO 800, tripod. Cropped to 50% of full width. I removed a few stems and cropped out others.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Very nice look at the harrier and a nice perch as well. Well composed with the taller elements in the left background. With the look the harrier is giving you and the background color, for me the mood is somewhat sinister.

This is very cool. Excellent comp and BG. I like the color palate. This doesn’t look like British Columbia.

Very nice, habitat is perfect…

Beautiful image, David. I’ve rarely seen that accommodating a Harrier, though years ago I had a male that let me get very close. I love the pose and perch in this image and the color palette is awesome.

Wow! Don’t think I’ve ever seen such a close portrait of a Harrier – very well done! And the environment is wonderful, with great colors!