Female Northern Harrier

Another one from Ridgefield on Saturday. I never new this post was even there until this harrier perched on it. In the summer I suspect it’s completely obscured. I really liked the palette in this area, though I originally had more of the foreground grass in it and it didn’t seem to fit with the rest, so I cropped it a bit tighter.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Like David Schoen, I downloaded the Topaz AIClear while it was on sale and used it for noise reduction on this one. It seemed rather aggressive at the default settings, so I boosted the “recover detail” slider. Does it look reasonable from a noise and detail point of view?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything you can think of.

Any pertinent technical details:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 600 mm, beanbag on car window, f/8, 1/1000, iso 2500, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to a 9.7 MP 6x7 vertical from the horizontal original. Taken at 2:21 pm on November 24th.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This is really nice, they don’t perch often anywhere close. The BG is terrific, Ridgefield still has a lot of nice color.
The perch is not bad, I think I might take off the wire and maybe play with the color of the wood if
you were so inclined.
No noise I can see and nice details on the bird.

What a great shot, Dennis. I like the perch, the pallet really compliments the subject, and yes, your post processing looks very reasonable. I personally like the old barbed wire on the pole myself. Just seems to tell the story that there was a fence there at one time.

Very good color and detail. I think the processing is superb. I have only used the AI Clear on a few images but the default settings generally need adjustment.