Red-tailed Hawk II

Another frame from the same encounter at Ridgefield on New Year’s Day. This one I tried processing using the Topaz Clarity module to get rid of the haze. I was also able to get more space under the hawk and combined with the direct look, I think it alleviates the steep angle look of the first post.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Which processing looks more natural to you of the two posts?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Did the added room and look help alleviate the steepness of the angle? Any other comments?

Any pertinent technical details:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 421 mm, beanbag on car window, f/8, 1/800, iso 1250, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Topaz AI Clear and Clarity modules used for noise and removing haze respectively. Further processing in PS and LR both to get the brightness, saturation and contrast where I wanted it and to add some blur to the upper part of the background.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I much prefer this shot over the last one.
Here, the bird is better-framed, and there is a full view of the face and eyes, along with your usual nice detail.
Sandy

Hello, Dennis. Difficult to compare since I cannot see them next to each other and have to switch back and forward. I’d say this one is best, the overall comp works better for me. In terms of coloring I think I like it better as well. Nice bird and dito shots by the way ! Cheers, Hans