Ferns & Alzaleas

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Taken at Asticou Azalea Gardens, Northeast Harbor, ME.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

Michael, a very dramatic red/green mix. Given the textural difference one might also say, that you’ve got complimentary textures. The mix of colors and textures look great.

Beautiful mix of colors and shapes. Very striking image.

Michael, this is excellent. Not only in the WC comparison or criteria but also in the final processing. The final processing is very clean and provides impressive detail in both plants…:+1:

Not sure whether it’s the ferns setting off the azaleas or the other way round, Michael - either way it works beautifully. The forms complement each other well as they compete for attention

Very beautiful, Michael. I like the combination of colors and textures.

I like the way you filled the frame with this sweet color combination of greens and reds, Mike. The large view is particularly nice as it shows off the peak condition of the ferns along with the azalea blooms.