First to eat, first to fly

![First to eat, first to fly ]

This summer, two Osprey hatched from the nest at The Four Mile River and this one was alway first in line when it can time to eat. Each day both adults and this juvenile left the nest to hunt, leaving behind the smaller juvenile and its effort to learn to fly. About two week later the smaller juvenile manage to fly to the nearest tree.
These four shot were taken on Aug. 9 at around 8:40AM.
Thank you for stopping by
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-400mm & 1.4ext., f10, 700mm, 1/1600, ISO 1250, all shot are cropped around 60% and I adjusted the highlights and used a local adjustment on the highlights in the nest. (DXO PhotoLab 6)

1 Like

Peter, what a neat story and sequence of shots. I didn’t realize that the older Osprey would help in feeding the younger ones. Pretty cool. Good training for it for when it might have it’s own young. Nice details in each shot, and I like the way you captured them with different wing positions and poses.

Hi Shirley
Thank you for the comments. I think I have to go back to writing 101, what I observed each time an adult would come back with a meal, was the larger Osprey would grab a bigger portion of the meal, leaving the adult to feed the smaller Osprey. (first to eat - first to fly)
Peter

A very nice series, Peter. I’m particularly fond of the first.