So this is flying?

![So this is flying ?]

This juvenile was doing a series of touch and goes around the nest, in the back of Rocky Heck State Park. I also have some shots of it trying tumbles. I liked this banking pose, because I seldom get a clear shot of the detailing on the upper back and wings. The photo was taken on Aug.9 at 8:50AM.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500 & 1.4ext, f10, 700mm, 1/1600, ISO 640 and the shot is cropped by 60%. I adjusted the highlights, midtones and used a local control point to bring up the blacks on the upper wing. DXO Photo Lab 5.

2 Likes

Nice banking pose you caught the eagle in. I like the story of the juvenile testing out its wings.

An excellent view of the back of this Osprey, Peter. Nice banking angle and I like the angle with the camera.

Nice topside view! Looks like this might be its first “cross-country” flight.

Indeed, a wonderful view on the upper parts. Love the slightly surprised look as well. Cheers, Hans

Hi Allen, Dennis, Diane & Hans
Thank you for the comments. In a couple of days I will post this Osprey trying to do rolls.
Peter

Yep, a rare glimpse at the top side of the wing feathers. I like the intent look and the turn of the head as it decides how bring itself in to land. I like the darker, more contrasted look that the juvis have compared to the adults.