Flame Skimmer and friend

Another focus stack from Wednesday.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Canon R5, 100-500 + 2X at 686, f/11, 1/400, ISO 800. Stack of about 15-20, Zerene DMap. Into PS for denoise and cloning of some stacking artifacts. I didn’t see the insect on the reed until I was well into processing. A water strider??

4 Likes

Ah…a sneaky spider! I love it when they photobomb. Looks like a type of long jawed orb weaver but hard to tell. Terrific stack!

Fantastic detail in the skimmer, Dianne. Even though you can’t see the wings as clearly as the other shot, I do like this position. Also the background is simpler, making it easier to focus on the skimmer. Great capture.

Perfect shot! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Focus stacking a skimmer. What a wonderful image, Diane. Well done on the capture and the processing.

Diane, you got two for the price of one! Both are nice and sharp. The pose is perfect for both the spider and the skimmer. I like that there is a bit of web on the perch too. Wonderful BG to make the subject stand out nicely.

Diane, the sharpness and colors of the skimmer stand out beautifully here. That spider on its perch is a fun surprise.

Hi Diane, Love the color of this beauty and you captured it very well. Nice job on the focus stack too. The small spider is an added bonus and point of interest. Well done.

Diane: Great catch with the party crasher a big plus. Impressed that the DF stayed still long enough for you to get the stack images. Most excellent. >=))>

Nicely executed image of a beautiful dragonfly. Well done!