Floating roots

This little tree is probably familiar to many who have walked along the rim at Bryce. It strikes me as a symbol of determination and persistence, and perhaps just plain luck, as the roots seem to float in the air above the ground and along the steep cliff beneath it.

What technical feedback would you like if any? any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Single image taken with Canon 5dM3, ISO500, 131mm, 1/200 sec, f/16

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Kathy, a wonderful look at yet another survivor of what seems impossible, but here it is growing on top of mostly a rock surface. I like your lower perspective here too. The somewhat turbulent BG sky is a plus to this view…:sunglasses:

Kathy, your tree doesn’t look so little in this view. The “flying” roots give me the fun impression that the tree is strolling along. The somewhat stormy sky adds well to an unusual view. A fine shot that’s a delight to look at.

Kathy: I have indeed seen this guy at Bryce. I like very much your take on it and the sky is the perfect BG. Very well done. >=))>