Lone Tree in Bryce Canyon WC#887

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D; 21 mm; 1/125 at f6.3 ISO 200

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

An awesome, ancient Pine, Allen. The roots leading in from the lrc work well.

1 Like

Excellent color, detail, and composition. I like the light and the leading lines created by the roots.

Allen: I’m going to have to scour my files because I think I have an image of this same tree. Amazing how it has what looks like a tenuous foothold yet its been there for many years. :+1::+1: >=))>

This tree looks familiar, Allen. I really like your rendering of this tree here. The clear blue sky works really well here. I am only wishing that the root on the lower right corner is not cut off.

Thanks for commenting, Adhika. I cropped the shot to give a bit more emphasis on the tree, rather than the roots. Here’s the original before the crop.

A wonderful tree, Allen. I love the angle, focal length and depth of field in this image. They all play together to make for stunning lines. My only nit is that this tree seems to have most of its energy pointing left and there’s not much canvas on that side for it to grow into., but that’s pretty minor. Excellent work.

Allen, I see your difficulty here. I am not quite sure how to crop this one either, but maybe a little more from the bottom and right so it doesn’t look like you just cut off the root?

This is a another great example of persistence, flexibility, and survival at Bryce. How do these trees manage? A lovely and well composed image.

Excellent composition and beautiful light, Allen. The perspective captures the form of the tree perfectly and the wide angle gets in a nice view of the distant hills.