Florida Beach

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Living in Tennessee I don’t get to photograph the beach very often. Recently I went to Florida for training and I stopped at this beach before getting on the highway to drive home. I was blessed with a beautiful sky, and I enjoyed experimenting with the length of exposure.

Specific Feedback

I think it might benefit from removing the rock on the bottom or darkening it, but I was pleased wit it overall.

Technical Details

F16
ISO 250
1/2 sec
Nikon D850 16-35 mm

Gorgeous, a very lovely composition with wonderful light!! I would clone over the rocks at the bottom (also the very small tip of one on the right) and probably darken the LL corner a bit. Well seen and captured!

Wonderful image, Lisa! The colors are truly lovely. The composition is strong, and while cloning out the tiny bit of rock in the LR area would help, I’m not sure it needs to have cloning on the LL rocks. To me, that suggests there is more to the scene, and puts me in it a bit more. If everything is too clean around the edges, sometimes it makes us feel like we are standing back and not engaged in the moment as much. Hope that makes sense. In fact I would have tried to include more of the LL rock, as a visual stepping stone into the scene, but not all of it.

1 Like

My that’s a lovely sky, and the rocks are a great foreground. Personally, I’d remove the rocks on the bottom edge; there just cut off enough that they feel like intrusions.

1 Like

A beautiful moment and beautifully captured. Balanced and nicely in a diagonal line. Otherwise, the image processing is well under control and the tones are really nice. The exposure time is quite suitable, that it gives the effect of movement and the foam of the water could be lightened a bit and maybe give some shades of the sky
The foreground is a bit problematic because the stones are only slightly in the picture. It would be better if they were significantly larger or not at all in the picture. The sky is a bit unbalanced because the left side is much heavier than the right. Therefore, it would be worthwhile to slightly strengthen the right side and darken the top edge of the little.

1 Like