Flowing

I will be scant in the next two weeks or as I fly back to Indonesia to visit the parents, get some R&R, and hopefully photograph a thing or two. But before I leave, I would like to make my contribution to this week’s challenge.

I was at Death Valley two weeks ago and this is a vignette from a very familiar place. I swear I did not know about this challenge when I took it. I spent the sunrise somewhere else and couldn’t help stopping by here. As always, I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

@adhikalie

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Good single color choice, Adhika. The lighter ridges are similar to animal trails, but I’m sure it’s wind erosion. Bon voyage and have fun with the family.

Adhika, this one is putting me on the fence. I appreciate the high key look and the subtlety, but I find I have a wandering eye. I took liberties and this may go well against your vision, but thought I would throw it out there (whoever said there is no such thing as a bad idea was not a realist!:slight_smile:).

This is very quick and dirty.

Lovely soft curves in this image, Adhika, and I like the brown palette. The lack of scale makes it an intriguing image.

Adhika, the textures and flow in this view look great. The flow is accentuated well by the way the ridges are highlighted and the valley’s darkened. The color adds a nice sense of warmth.

I think this was an excellent fit for the mono-color challenge, Adhika. I personally, really enjoy these type of scenes with all the subtle but very specific details, textures and tone changes. I actually like that my eye wanders through the scene because that’s the way I would look at it if I was there and there is plenty to see, especially in the large version. Very nice!