Foggy Bayou Sunrise

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

During our Spring 2021 trip to the Texas coast I got up early this particular morning for sunrise hoping to catch some shots of water birds. I walked to the Bayou pond at the back of the RV park we were staying and and this is the scene I found. I had my 150-600mm telephoto zoom lens on my camera expecting to photograph birds but the scene screamed out for a panorama. Luckily I had my tripod with me so I sat it up and set the zoom on the lens to 150 mm. I quickly shoot a series of 60 images to be stitched together into a panorama. Weeks later back home in Colorado I pulled up this set of images and stitched them together. The resulting image is 679 megapixel, 13,300 x 51,076 pixels, 44" x 170" panorama.

Specific Feedback

Feedback is welcomed. Any thoughts on what enhancements could be done would be great.

Technical Details

This was shot with a Canon R5, Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary lens. My camera was set to fully manual; auto focus OFF, f/14, 1/2000 sec., ISO 1000. Initial pre-processing of the 60 individual images was done with Adobe Camera RAW and converted to TIFF format. Stitching was done using PTGui and final post processing was done in Photoshop.

John, this is a very restful scene. I am thinking that cropping to the first dip in the treeline on the right might add some left/right visual tension while maintaining the peaceful feeling.

1 Like