Sunrise Over Frenchman Bay

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This one is an oldie from the archives which I recently added to my website. I am not sure if I ever posted this before, but it is perfect for this weeks challenge. I forget exactly where I stopped for this one as there are several places to stop along the drive up Cadillac mountain in Acadia NP, ME. Everything just came together this particular morning with the fog sliding quietly across Frenchman Bay while the clouds and chilly water came alive with this amazing warm glow. This is a sunrise I will never forget.

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts or suggestions you might have please feel free to let me know as they are always appreciated.

Technical Details

Nikon D200, Nikon 28-70 @ 70mm, f 13 @ 1 sec, ISO 100, cable release & tripod

Ed. This is a really beautiful picture and I love the layer composition, the colors and how the fog leads you through the picture. The only thing I wish is that there would be a little more fog at the bottom to balance the dark bottom section. But really great catch

1 Like

Ed, this is a beauty! The mix of clouds above and below, the glow from the water and scattered lands all work together very well.

1 Like

Many thanks @tamar-aharony and @Mark_Seaver ; glad you guys enjoyed the image.

This will be a great addition to your website, Ed. I love the layered composition and the morning light is perfect. Everything included the fog just glows. Nice texture in the clouds also which I doidn’t notice at first. Well done.