A New Day

This is an image from 2019 taken during an autumn trip to Acadia NP, ME. My brother Mike had the idea for this image and was gracious enough to be the model while I was the photographer. We had checked our Photo Pills app for the location of the rising morning sun and thought it would work beautifully. The cloud gods even provided us with some wonderful clouds for the occasion. I particularly liked the warm light as it kissed the walls of the pink Acadia granite.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 20mm, f 18 @ 1/13 sec, ISO 100, MLU, cable release & tripod

1 Like

I remember this one also. It looks just as good now as it did when you first posted it. The greeting the sun theme surrounded by the nice warm rocks against a lovely sky looks great.

Looks great, Ed. I would not mind having that one on a stock photo site. :+1:

Many thanks for your kind words @Mark_Seaver and @Harley_Goldman as they are always appreciated. It was a beautiful morning and sunrise; the perfect way to start the day IMO. I am going to try adding the image again as the large version does not seem to be working.

Really nice Ed. On top of the composition I also love the processing which brought out the deep warm glow on the granite cliffs. :+1: