Sand Beach Sunrise

Sand Beach is one of my go to places for sunrise while visiting Acadia NP as Mike and I usually have the place to ourselves. The crowds don’t come until later. The sun rises on the left side behind Great Head, but you can still catch some beautiful warm light as was the case this particular morning.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 22 mm, f 22 @ one sec, ISO 200, cable release & tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

Ed: The northeast is the only area of the country that I’ve not explored and every image I see from Acadia makes me push it higher on the bucket list. This is wonderful from the scene itself to the light to the capture. Most excellent. >=))>

Beautiful light and a fine tranquil mood to this real nice scene. No suggestions here.

Ed, this is a real beauty! I love the soft light and also the shutter speed you chose to create the silky water in the foreground. I am heading to Acadia for my first time this October and am very excited about the opportunity!

Yes, Ed, the subtle colors are wonderful. At first glance, there’s a sense of this being a sepia toned b&w shot, then the blue and blue/green tones in the sky get noticed. The swash action is a fine addition. Another fine mood shot in this week’s posts.

I appreciate you guys @Bill_Fach, @Harley_Goldman, @Alan_Kreyger and @Mark_Seaver for taking a moment to leave a thought. The light was spectacular this morning and I am glad you enjoyed it.
@Bill_Fach: I hope you make it someday and I have no doubt you will enjoy it.
@Alan_Kreyger: I hope you find your trip to Acadia rewarding. Mike and I will be there from October 13-17 so maybe we will cross paths.

This is a great shot, Ed. From a technical and compositional view one of the best I’ve seen from Sand Beach. However I do have a suggestion processing wise. I would try to bring out more of the colors in the sky to separate it a little more tonally from the rest of the image.
:vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute: