Morning Rays

I posted this image over in Landscape Critiques recently and thought it would be a perfect choice for this weeks Weekly Challenge. This was taken a couple of weeks ago while staying in Cape Henlopen SP in DE. I thought about staying in bed as it was heavily overcast, but decided to take a chance hoping I would get a break in the clouds. This is what I was rewarded with. It was quite windy and it produced some nice wave action along the jetty. Thanks for taking a moment to leave some C&C.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 28 mm, f 18 @ 1/5 sec, ISO 200, cable release & tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A very subtle but pleasing beach scene, Ed! I like the earth tones and you did a great job with the exposure by not overexposing the sunset rays or the sea foam yet still getting all the light you need in the dark rocks. Very nice!

Ed, if it weren’t for those rays of sun, you could title this one “A dark and stormy morn”. Those few rays really make the scene here. The jetty and the wave action fit well with the stormy sky adding to the emotional contrast with the sun’s rays.

Another great beach scene, Ed. Great comp with the leading line of the breakwater pointing to the beautiful sun rays. Wave action is perfect. Glad you got up to take this. I hope you don’t mind, I took the liberty of an alternate crop to bring the size of the rays more in line with what you probably saw.
:vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute:

Another sweet image, Ed. Love soft colors against the hard rocks of the jetty. Everything lines up perfectly. Real nice.

Ed: Luck comes to those who are prepared. I love everything about this with the waves, leading line of the jetty and the sun rays. I like Mike’s crop too. Most excellent. >=))>