A New Day

This is from a recent trip to my favorite state park in DE; Cape Henlopen SP. It turned out to be a very nice sunrise; with some beautiful color and a nice big sun ray peaking through; although the clouds really started to thin out above where I framed the composition. I usually have this location to myself photographically, but another photographer beat me and was set up shooting stills and video on the other side of the breakwater. I took a couple of shots from that side, but decided this side was going to be better for catching the wave patterns as they receded on the beach. This was one of my favorites.

As always thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 17-25 @ 24mm, f 18 @ 0.3 sec, 3 stop GND filter, cable release & tripod.

2 Likes

Gorgeous! Yellows and magentas against blues and grays, with great framing of a very interesting view! No nits here!

1 Like

Good one, Ed. Love the reflected light in the water and nicely captured sense of movement. No nits here.

1 Like

Ed, what a great way to start the day at such a sunrise. And beautiful morning colors. I should take a smal strip of the block at the left, up till it’s highest point.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your thoughts @Diane_Miller, @Harley_Goldman and @Ben_van_der_Sande; always appreciated. It was indeed a wonderful way to start the day!

I love the colors, the wave, the reflections on the water, the pier stumps, and the rocks. I feel that the fg surge takes up too much space. For me, the wave is the most interesting part of the image, the upper third of the image.

1 Like

I think that this is very beautiful, Ed! The foreground is really nice and I love the colours in the sky.

1 Like

Many thanks @Igor_Doncov and @Tom_Nevesely. Glad you guys enjoyed the image.

@Igor_Doncov : Thanks for the suggestion; I hadn’t thought of that. Is this what you were thinking?

I think it’s better. You’ve got some great horizontal elements that work in this type of frame.

1 Like