As Good As It Got

I like those blazing sunrises/sunsets as much as the next nature photographer, but I find that the subtle ones can have just as much to savor and enjoy as was the case this particular morning at Cape Henlopen SP, DE. I thought that the sunrise could be pretty spectacular if the clouds parted a bit along the horizon and lit up the underneath of the clouds, but that did not happen. Instead there was some wonderful warm yellow color surrounded by all the lovely shades of blue in the sky.

For me this image conveys that wonderful peaceful morning along the beach at sunrise that I got to enjoy with my brother, Mike.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years!

As always thanks for taking a moment and leaving your thoughts as they are always appreciated.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 26mm, f 14 @ 1.3 sec, ISO 100, cable release & tripod.

1 Like

I think the subtle colors work very well here for the quiet scene, enhanced by the long ss. There is a very nice path from the sand in the LL, through the rocks and old pilings to the cloud in the UR, which is gesturing back to the other elements. Very well composed!

I agree that the subtle quietness of this view is great. The balance between the brighter left and darker right is complemented well by the pilons angled across the frame.

I too love the tonality and serenity of this scene… way to turn a no show sunrise into something really special.