Foggy Morning Forest Park, Springfield, Massachusetts

Image:

Description:I took this image almost 20 years ago in a city park about a half mile from my home. I arose early to take some color photos but when I looked outside to see the fog, I put my Pentax 67 film camera in the bag and headed to the park. It was the first photo where my Pre-visualization was the same as the print. The film negative has subsequently been scanned.

Specific Feedback Requested: any thoughts as to cropping? toning? add a slight cool tone

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Pentax 67 medium format camera, Alford XP 2 super 400 film. f 11. The shutter speed escapes me.

3 Likes

Some typos in the wording Pre-visualization not revisualization, and scanned not banned

Paul, I was wondering about your negative being banned, chuckling… You can edit your post by clicking on the pencil icon at the bottom. The details look great here, with the transition in contrast from the bottom to the top showing off the fog well. BTW the posting suggestion is 2000 pixels on the long axis to help limit the need for server space and speed up display.

Thanks for the information

Lovely image Paul. I don’t think it needs to be cropped. I’m not an expert on critiques, however, I think the birdhouse pole is distracting and wonder if you could darken it because my eye goes right to it. I like the reflections and love the trees in the fog.

I really like the reflection especially, and the fog in the background means the trees are nicely present but not distracting. I think I agree with @robertakayne about the birdhouse. It does draw my eye a bit more than I’d like, especially if I click on the image to view it larger. It looks like a beautiful park!

Thank you for the suggestion. Others have made the same point. I will close it out

Really nice image, Paul.

Thank you, I appreciate it

What a tranquil peaceful scene, Paul. The framing works just fine for me so I would not crop and the range of tones with the B&W works as well. I am not trying to beat a dead horse, but I too would clone out the birdhouse. The reflection is gorgeous and I love the fog as it fades away the BG trees. Beautifully done!