Fog in winter

This is an image of inland valley fog, which I took at a bird preserve in the winter when I went to see migrating geese and cranes. It was early in the morning and the sun was just beginning to burn off.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: ISO 1250, 100mm, f/16, 1/500 sec.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

One of our local preserve look like this on foggy mornings and this reminds me of that. Super gorgeous rendition of that sun trying to break through the fog and clouds.

The composition and lighting really set the mood for this “foggy” image Kathy. Nicely done

Kathy, the warm color does make this very inviting. I also like how you got an image with 3 parts, the plant silhouettes at the bottom, the tree on the right above and the sun. There’s what looks like a cloned circle in the lower left where the stem of the plants don’t line up.

Gorgeous, warm colors, and I love the composition with the tall tree coming out of the little gap between the foreground bushes.

Kathy: Wonderful scene superbly captured and rendered. I might be tempted to clean up some of the invaders on the left edge but that would be a pretty trivial improvement on an already fine image.>=))>

What a beautiful image! I love how you created the illusion of depth with the sharp foreground branches and the hazy background tree. Wonderful foggy morning. Gotta love the fog! :grin:

One nice thing about shooting in the fog is that you can shoot directly at the sun! Nice, warm, filtered light in this scene with trees and water. Always a good combination. Unfortunately there is some fairly obvious cloning errors in the bottom left corner (including one round clone stamp that really stands out in the large version). that kind of open branches is a pretty difficult thing to clone without having branches starting and ending in nowhere. The overall tone and feeling is great though!