Foggy Sunrise

I had to keep on stopping and get off my bike to keep taking shots of this awesome sunrise a few weeks ago.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400, 300mm,ISO 200, f9, 1/400

1 Like

This is really good, Vanessa. The image has a great ethereal feel. I might crop a little off the bottom, but very minor. Well seen and executed.

1 Like

Thanks, so much, Harley! I was kind of excited to get something like this! I’m glad you think it works! So just free crop it from the bottom… I’m going to try that.

Very nice!! Wonderful color gradients both in the fog and in the sun itself!

No wonder you had to stop! This is just lovely.

As an aside, are you using the Nikon 55-300 lens with your D3400? I have that lens, and I love it even though it’s not “high end”. I just got out my D5600 with the 55-300 which I haven’t used in at least a year. I’d forgotten how light it is - it’s a good combo to take on a hike or a bike.

I love how the sun is creeping out from behind the trees. This has a very comforting, warm feel to it, like waking up in a warm bed after a satisfying night’s sleep.

Very dreamy image, Vanessa. I am liking the atmospherics along with the warm tones in this scene. I could see a little crop from the right side, but that is just personal preference because this is wonderful as is. I can see why you had to stop as I would have done the same exact thing.