Follow the light

I went here again in the hope there would be fog again, but no. Still the light was beautiful

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D850, 24-70 2.8 vr at 70mm, F11, 1/200, -1,33, iso 200,

Beautiful light indeed. This is a great composition with the clouds mirroring the tree line. Exposure is perfect. Excellent.

Gorgeous light! Have we seen this locale in a springtime pose? It looks familiar. It’s lovely.

The only nit I can see is some oddness where it looks like you took down some highlights and/or maybe cloned something out at the edge of the right-hand tree. There’s a bit of fuzz and grayness.

A little select and mask will make short order of that bit. Like the color and the nice lead in from the lit grass pathway. I like it better without the fog, at least in this instance.

@David_Bostock , @Bonnie_Lampley , @Chris_Calohan , I must thank you for these remarks. I should have mentioned that this image is a 3 image stack. And there lies the nit, Bonnie found. I did a rework. I think this is better.

1 Like

And now that I see the fix, it seemed to me that with such a nice, bright lead in, the faces of the bushes as I’ve marked need to be a bit brighter. I just used a select by color range with a Brightness/contrast adjustment at about a 30%. an adjustment brush in ACR or LR would easily accomplish the same thing…

@Chris_Calohan , In this way you lose the balance in my image, chris.

1 Like

Beautiful light and sky. I like your rework, Ben. Very nice work.

1 Like

I like the rework a lot. Great light that leads you through the picture. The colors are great (toned down complementary colors). Also, the different parts have approximately one third each. Let´s see in the future if a fog image could beat this one!

Nice one Ben. You rework did it just fine.

1 Like