Forest Impressions

Not sure I’d call this a masterpiece, but what the heck. I’ve been experimenting with ICM and the Slow Shutter App on the iPhone. The app takes a series of photos and over a time period of your choosing. You can use the average blended final version, which the app shows automatically, or you can use a slider to choose where in the series you want the blend to happen. It essentially gives you a composite image. Lots of info on it, as it’s a popular app. It also does light trail, and has an intervalometer feature, which I haven’t tried. I find it highly entertaining to fiddle around with it.

Any comments are welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

iPhone, using Slow Shutter Cam app. Essentially a composite, with ICM. I did a bit of dodging/burning to even out the exposure.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Bonnie, this is quite the mix of “subjects”. The plants show up well, but then I’m not sure if I’m looking at tree trunks or shafts of sunlight and sky or water. While I can’t say that this image strikes my fancy, I do think the software offers an intriguing ability to explore statements about the natural world from a photo art perspective.