Forest layers

I’m not sure if there is enough interest in this composition to engage a viewer so I thought it would make a good image to critique. The dappled light caught my attention in this scene, it was like a spotlight on the river bank while completely missing the forested mountainside in the background.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@nathankleinphotos

1 Like

This is working for me. Great layers of subject, color and textures. I am on the fence about the log in the foreground, but otherwise, everything looks good to me. Nicely seen.

1 Like

This is really great! I dream of being able to visit locations like this with a camera someday (hopefully soon). Along the lines of what @Harley_Goldman mentioned, my eye keeps going to the one, very unique, tree with the deformity at the top. I’m wondering if you could do a vertical crop of jus the left side that would remove that tree and the log in the foreground? But, I love the layering and colors throughout the scene, so it isn’t a killer for me.

1 Like

This image works fine for me, it has great layers to it, and the dappled light looks really nice. I love the abstract designs in the river, they add a lot to the image. I also like the tension created by having both strong vertical and horizontal lines in the image. My only suggestion would be to clone away the log dead center in the river.

1 Like

I really like this image Nathan! I especially like the color and light transitions: starting from shiny grey-blue reflections on the bottom, to the vivid warm-colored shrubs, then to vivid green, and then to matte dark greens on the top… Splendid, very nicely done! :clap:

1 Like